Wednesday, June 16, 2010

If you're going to San Francisco....


...be sure to visit Nopalito.

The lovely person who I spoke to at Mariposa Bakery recommended Nopa as a good place to eat if you're after good gluten-free food. That eve I went to look them up on the web and while doing so discovered that they had a sister restaurant in the same area that did Mexican food and was a bit more casual. Given that I was traveling with one Mexican food fan and another Mexican food obsessive, it seemed like a good bet, so we rang them up and got on the waiting list for that evening.

Nopalito was the food highlight of my trip. When we sat down we asked the waiter about the menu and he knew straight away what was what. All tortillas pure corn, and the only two things on the menu containing any gluten were pork dishes that I wouldn't have chosen anyway. Absolutely delicious, all of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment