Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pasta Disaster

I got all excited when mournfully passing the fresh pasta section of the supermarket this week to see a gluten-free fresh spaghetti: Del'Ugo's "Natrapasta". The name should have rung alarm bells, even if the look of the pasta didn't. But with the memory of lovely fresh pasta still fresh in my mind I thought I'd give it a go.
As it was a pack for two I convinced NGFH to try it too, and in a stand of solidarity he agreed. We've just cooked it. And tried it. And drained it to put in the bin.
It's made from chickpea flour, and, well, it tasted a bit like ground chickpeas, with the same crumbly consistency. After one taste I was ready to bin it, but NGFH got all chirpy and insisted it couldn't be that bad. He tried it. It was.
So now we're cooking two pans (with two spoons and two colanders): normal dried spaghetti for NGFH and a dried Tesco's (I think) GF one for me. Dinner's late. But at least it's edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment